WOW and Maulds Meaburn

Add everything else here
darrog
Weather Nut
Altitude: 183
Weather Station: Davis VPro2

WOW and Maulds Meaburn

Post by darrog » Tue May 14, 2019 5:39 pm

As of tomorrow Maulds Meaburn may no longer be an official MetO site.
As per my comments last week, Friday I think, on the daily weather report section, I have just become fed up with wow.
It is a system that simple is not working and not really fit for purpose and I will no longer sit looking at a whirling circle only to be finally told that it is not working.
Therefore, I have told them that if they still want my data then they will have to find or give another way for me to get it t9 them - however, they have said that they can not have too many bespoke ways for individual stations.
In the morning I will be having a phone call from Exeter and we will see what comes of it - if another way can not be found will They be coming and removing all their thermmoms and I go back to my old mercury ones or ?
Darren Rogers - he who submits the most interesting posts, AKA Mr Data
Maulds Meaburn

darrog
Weather Nut

Re: WOW and Maulds Meaburn

Post by darrog » Wed May 15, 2019 11:25 am

The phone call was cancelled by Exeter due to him having an 'operational meeting' at the same time - now scheduled for Friday.

But they have not had my data since last Thursday.

I know that wow was not working Fri/Sat/Sun - I didn't bother checking on Monday, but I presume that it is back up and running
Maulds Meaburn

darrog
Weather Nut

Re: WOW and Maulds Meaburn

Post by darrog » Fri May 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Conversation today - discussed various aspects and the outcome is:

I keep going and will use WOW - but the next time that WOW is down for two consecutive days, I move to another option.

Computers can go down, I appreciate that, I know that - but the Met'O never seem to know that it has gone down until we tell them and never let us know when it is back up and running.
Therefore, the two successive days bit takes into account glitches, maintenance, etc and back up and running on the same day.

Sounds like a few interesting things coming up with wow and other bits n bobs and at least they have listened - but as to what happens next, who knows!
Maulds Meaburn

Return to “Everything Else”